Set default view as Read Only

Hi Team,

I have done a search but haven't found this one. I do a lot of surveillance in Seeq (Ok, maybe I shouldn't) for a number of reasons and I share the pages that I make with my colleagues. I want to be able to set all pages to open in View Only mode by default, so when multiple people are viewing a page it isn't constantly changing the saved state of the page: highlighted trends, visible trends, time scale, etc.

Is there a simple way to make this happen that I just haven't found the button yet?

Thanks

• Seeq Team

Hi Tom

Thanks for reaching out.  Instead of sending the link in the address bar, if you click the "Get Link" button in the right hand corner.  You can send your colleagues a view only link to the workbook as seen in the picture below. This should assist with the question you are asking.  If not, please let me know.

image.png

Hi Morgan,

That works for some colleagues - but I can also just use the access control for those people, and only works if you access the page via a saved internet shortcut for those with edit rights. What I am hoping is possible is that when pages are opened from the seeq homepage/dashboard that the pages open in read-only and then a user can select edit view when they want to make permanent changes.