Calculating Turbine Equivalent Starts or Hours

Clinton

Has anybody attempted to calculate equivalent or factored gas turbine starts and/or hours?  Something similar to GE's GER3620RevP document on pages 35-36.    Looking for tips or best practices as our company uses multiple fuel types and operating profiles.  Our corporate-level operating data historian is not always the best, necessitating the use of multiple signals to determine a turbine start or stop.   

• Seeq Team

Hi Clinton,

I would suggest you come to one of Seeq's open Office Hours and discuss this with one of our Analytics Engineers. They can likely get you started or make suggestions on how to approach this analysis. There are Office Hour slots available each day of the week. Please read more at this link: Seeq Office Hours

Thanks for the feedback.  I have been looking at using several variables to determine the start/stop/run mode of the turbine as well as if the unit is connected to the grid.  If our data connection was more stable I could use fewer data points/tag names. I have a working prototype, just looking to see if any body else had tried something similar, and some performance or best practice tips.  I have the Seeq office hour on my calendar, so I attempt to make one of thoses sessions.