Mapping feature in Seeq

Yanmin Xu

Hi.

I was wondering if Seeq has mapping feature. Like develop a pressure/Temperature contour map. 

For example I have 9 wells (3x3 configuration), all with temperature signals. And I am thinking to display the spatial temp map.

I tried to figure out a way using dashboards scorecard (shown below). But not a perfect way to show contours.... 

I was wondering if Seeq has any contour map feature? 

Thanks,

Yanmin

image.png

• Seeq Team

Hi Yanmin,

Unfortunately, Seeq doesn't currently offer any contour map features; however, I've listed some options below to address your use case. In addition, while not directly applicable to what you're trying to achieve as contour across 9 separate tags, I recommend looking into the Density Plot feature available in Seeq as you may find some interest in this feature.

Option 1: Create a simple scorecard for each Well and assemble them in an organizer in a neater format.

It seems that you're using a 3x3 organizer table--one cell for each Well. You could use only one table cell to get them to better fit, emulating a single table. Something like below.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.37.13 AM.png

I only used "Well 02" to demonstrate the layout, but the idea is your "mapping" will be on the left to understand what you're looking at on the right.

To go about this, create a worksheet for each Well. Create a metric as you have (with thresholds specified) and goto Table view. Under Headers, select None. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.42.55 AM.png

Under Columns:
If you are creating the left table, only have Name checked. If you are creating the right table, only have Metric Value checked.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.44.32 AM.png

Insert each into a single cell of a table in Organizer--I used a 1x2 table. For assembling adjacent columns, you'll want to make sure you insert each worksheet directly next to the other (no spaces between). For going to the next row, you'll want to make sure to SHIFT+ENTER, instead of a simple ENTER.

Something like this should be the result.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.50.42 AM.png

To remove the space between, simply click each individual cell (metric) and click Toggle Margin. After completing this for each metric, the table should resemble the first one I posted.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.52.21 AM.png

You can resize the 1x2 Organizer table by clicking Table properties. For this example, I specified a width of 450 to narrow up the two columns.

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.54.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.55.26 AM.png

Option 2: Create a Treemap.

This method will require that the Wells be a part of an asset group. If not already configured, this can be done within Seeq as of R52. 

This method may or may not give you the information you're looking for. Before considering this option, please be sure to read about Treemaps more on our Knowledge Base. Depending on the Priority colors and conditions you specify, your Treemap would look something like this. Note there is no way to change or specify the orientation within the normal user interface in Seeq (i.e. you can't easily specify a 3x3 layout).

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 10.15.00 AM.png

I hope this helps!

Edited by Emilio Conde