xyTable Function

MWaugh

5 minutes ago, Andrew Fontenot said:

What are trying to accomplish? This formula returns a table, but Seeq expects a condition, formula, or scalar so I imagine you are seeing the bad response error because of this.

xyTable(capsule('2021'), $a, $b, 100) is the correct syntax, but you can't return a table.

I am trying to accomplish what the documentation says this function does:

xyTable()

Create a table of aligned samples from two signals."

And this is the example formula given:

xyTable($capsule, $xSignal, $ySignal, 100)

That's exactly what the formula does, it returns a table, but this is different from the Table View in Seeq Workbench. It's purpose is not to create a graphical table in Workbench. 

If you are trying to create a graphic table of samples, I'm not sure if this is your objective, you could use Table View in Condition Mode to do this. One way, would be to create a Score Card Metric for each signal and specify the rolling window for which you'd like a value in your table. Here's an example.

image.thumb.png.c55ef4c0a20c889ffdf9274f670bf280.png

3 hours ago, Andrew Fontenot said:

That's exactly what the formula does, it returns a table, but this is different from the Table View in Seeq Workbench. It's purpose is not to create a graphical table in Workbench. 

If you are trying to create a graphic table of samples, I'm not sure if this is your objective, you could use Table View in Condition Mode to do this. One way, would be to create a Score Card Metric for each signal and specify the rolling window for which you'd like a value in your table. Here's an example.

image.thumb.png.c55ef4c0a20c889ffdf9274f670bf280.png

I already have a visual of the data in Workbench. What I want to do with the table is to get the data in a format that will be easier to do formulas against. 

15 hours ago, Andrew Fontenot said:

So what is your objective, what signal/scalar/condition do you want to the formula to output? xyTable will produce a table of value pairs for your two signals, what are the next steps required to produce the signal/scalar/condition?

I have an in-line instrument value from the historian, at roughly four per minute. Simultaneously, off-line samples are measured using a different technology, so the scaling of the two measurements is different. These samples are measured by hand, minutes apart. The off-line samples are imported to the Workbench in a csv file, so the time stamps don't necessarily line up exactly with any of the in-line values from the historian.

My goal is to determine the correlation between the two measurements, with the off-line sample measurement being the gold standard, and attempting to "prove out" the in-line measurement.   

You should be able to just use the built-in prediction tool under Model & Predict -> Prediction. If there is a delay in the off-line samples and you need to move the signal in time by a constant amount, you can use the $signal.move() function in a formula to create a new time-adjusted signal for use in the Prediction tool. The Prediction Model section of the Prediction tool will show you information regarding the regression such as rSquared, p-values, etc. The Prediction tool should take care of creating the value pairs from the input signals, perhaps a Seeq Engineer can give more specific info on this if needed.

20 minutes ago, Andrew Fontenot said:

You should be able to just use the built-in prediction tool under Model & Predict -> Prediction. If there is a delay in the off-line samples and you need to move the signal in time by a constant amount, you can use the $signal.move() function in a formula to create a new time-adjusted signal for use in the Prediction tool. The Prediction Model section of the Prediction tool will show you information regarding the regression such as rSquared, p-values, etc. The Prediction tool should take care of creating the value pairs from the input signals, perhaps a Seeq Engineer can give more specific info on this if needed.

Yeah, I first tried the Prediction route, and didn't get anywhere. I'll have to revisit. But I'm still confused as to why xyTable can't return a table. 

• 2 weeks later...