Capture deviating asset from average temperatures after cleaning all signals

Neel

Hello,

I have multiple bearings within multiple assets at a power plant. Some of the temperature signals drop to 0 or -250 at random times. 

First step would be clean all signals and use only values greater than 1 for all bearings. Some plants have 100+ assets so I'd like to make this a quick process.  

Secondly, I'd like to create an average trend line of all signals. 

Finally, when a any bearing temperature exceeds average by 20% continuously for 10 minutes - I'd like to capture those events and create a table each week showing the assets which are running at elevated temperatures each day.

How do I go about this exercise?

DATA VISUAL 1 SEEQ.png

DATA VISUAL 2 SEEQ.png

I think the problem you will have with this analysis is creating the average of all bearing temperatures. The only way I know to do it is to use Formula and add every bearing temperature using the formula...

average($signal1, $signal2, ...)

This will be very time consuming. If instead you could use each bearing temp's daily average as a reference or some other statistic that is relative to each particular bearing temp or some other constant, then this will become much easier.

I'm assuming you are using an asset framework where each asset has a signal called 'Gearbox Temperature HSSNDE'. 

Start with any one temperature signal in the display. Use the formula tool to create a new signal with only values that meet your threshold. Do this using the .keep() function

$signal.keep($sample -> $sample.value() > 1.0)

Now use Identify -> Value Search to identify a condition where the temperature exceeds your limit. Make sure to ignore capsules shorter than 10 minutes to meet your requirement.

image.png.7b5c8f931135c62d3ef4abd75085f498.png

Finally, use Table View to create a table with each Asset and how many capsules occur (number of capsules from the previously created condition). The asset table feature is a newer feature, so you may need to have the appropriate version of Seeq, I'm not sure when it was added.

I know this doesn't deliver exactly what you're asking for, but hopefully it will get you started.

Andrew

image.png.45d3ddecf8557bd09c96d30103c14cb6.png