Time format and multiple CSV import

Feng Jin Liew

The csv must contain one DateTime column if importing Signals, or two DateTime columns (Start and End) if importing conditions. If you open the csv in excel, you can simply sum the Date and Time columns to get a new DateTime column. As the error states, one example of this is row 7 which has a value of 11:00:43. This is only a Time, Seeq requires a DateTime such as 9/28/2021 11:00:43.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

7 minutes ago, Andrew Fontenot said:

The csv must contain one DateTime column if importing Signals, or two DateTime columns (Start and End) if importing conditions. If you open the csv in excel, you can simply sum the Date and Time columns to get a new DateTime column. As the error states, one example of this is row 7 which has a value of 11:00:43. This is only a Time, Seeq requires a DateTime such as 9/28/2021 11:00:43.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Thank you, Andrew. I just realized I might have asked the wrong question. I understand that it would be easier to use the formula in excel to add another column as datetime. I am trying to find out if there is a way to not do that and still import the csv file into SeeQ, determine the datetime data without the column if the dashboard has a function to combine both data without a data table. 

• Seeq Team

Hi Andrew and Feng,

We currently do not support importing CSV files with separate date and time columns as Andrew mentioned. There are quite a few date formats and we do not yet have support for all of them including separated date and time columd, for now please use the DateTime format that Andrew mentioned above. We do have a feature request in for supporting separate columns, if you would like, i can attach you to that item so you will be notified as it is worked on.

-Sean

1 minute ago, Sean T said:

Hi Andrew and Feng,

We currently do not support importing CSV files with separate date and time columns as Andrew mentioned. There are quite a few date formats and we do not yet have support for all of them including separated date and time columd, for now please use the DateTime format that Andrew mentioned above. We do have a feature request in for supporting separate columns, if you would like, i can attach you to that item so you will be notified as it is worked on.

-Sean

That would be great, Sean. Please attach me to that item. 
Thank you!