Embedding Power BI display into Seeq Organizer topic

Jesse

• Seeq Team

Hi Jesse. Unfortunately you cannot yet embed a live chart from Power BI in Seeq Organizer. This is something on our roadmap, but we don't have an estimated time or release for when it would be available. I'll associate a request from you to the ticket on our side so you get updates as it progresses. 

You can drop a URL in the Organizer to send users out to the Power BI display, maybe even use an image to connect the link to so that people click on something that looks like a Power BI icon to get to that dashboard. I expect getting an image updated on a schedule through Python would be a bit of a chore, but that may be another possibility.

Pending how complex your Power BI dashboard is, you could also look into representing some of the visuals in Seeq instead using Tables and Charts or Histogram. Not the same currently, but we also plan to continue growing chart options in the future.

Since you asked, I'm curious what you'd expect to happen in the future when we do support Power BI inserts in Organizer. What would you expect to happen when you change a date range or asset selection? I'd imagine that change would be reflected on the Power BI content inserted, but would love to hear if that is not the case.

Thanks for your input!