Creating tables with multiple rows in Seeq organizer topic

Jesse

I am trying to make a table like one I have in excel where I have multiple rows of data each with different values (see attached snip).

The best I can do in a Seeq organizer topic is to create 2 separate tables. See snip attached. Is there anyway to get all of that data onto one table?

seeq snip.PNG

excel snip.PNG

• Seeq Team

Hi Jesse,

This is currently a feature request in our system, but there's a fairly simple workaround utilizing asset trees, asset tables, and condition-based tables.

If these items don't belong to an asset tree, then you can quickly create an Asset Group and map the associated signal calculations you've made. (You can give our Asset Groups video a watch if you've never worked with Asset Groups)

image.png

For best results, the condition you create will only have one capsule. I've elected to create a condition that represent the past day (with respect to now) by entering the following into formula:

condition(1d, capsule(now()-1d,now()))

Then simply add the relevant signals into your details pane by opening up the asset group and selecting them from there. Notice the Assets column in my details pane confirms these items are from the Asset Group I created in step 1.

image.png

Then, you can go into Table view, and select the Condition option vs Simple. You can then Transpose, and click the Column drop down to add each signal into the table. I am simply adding the "Last Value" for this example, which I hard coded your values into the signals for consistency. Click the Headers drop down to get rid of the date range of the condition (unless you'd like to keep it).

image.png

Finally, you can select the Asset Icon at the top, and select the Asset Group you've created ("Example" in my case). This will scale out to any other assets in the same level of the tree.

image.png

The final result looks something like this after editing my column names to remove "Last"

image.png

Note that the far left blank column will not appear if inserted into an Organizer.

Also note I've only demonstrated this for raw signals from an asset tree, but this method still works with Scorecard metrics to allow color thresholds. If you want to do this with scorecard metrics, just create the metrics referencing one of your "asset's" associated signals, BSW Water (%) for example, and then scale across the other "assets" as described above.

Hopefully this helps get you the look you were hoping to create! Please let me know if you have any questions with any of the above.

Thanks Emilio, this was very helpful. Do I create the condition from the asset group by selecting add calculated item or is this condition made from inside the table?

Also if I wanted to color code it to make a scorecard would you create that condition form the table or in the asset group?

• Seeq Team

The condition is created simply in Formula -- it is not created within the asset group. It seems like you've already done the other calculations, so I don't think adding a calculated item will be necessary. You simply need to add two assets and add all your columns via "Add Column". You can properly name your assets and columns, then click the + sign within the associated asset/column and search for the respective signal/calculation you already have.

image.png

image.png

Creating scorecards will be the same as usual, except you need to have a condition based scorecard referencing the now-1d condition, and also ensure the item in question belongs to the asset group you've created. It's worth noting you only need to create the scorecards for ONE asset, and the asset table feature will scale it to your other asset(s). If the threshold limits are not the same between say Raw for Salt(ptb) and BSW Water (%), then you may need to create upper/lower threshold references in the asset group to reference instead of hard-input values.

image.png

image.gif

Feel free to register to office hours tomorrow if you'd like some live assistance with setting it up: https://info.seeq.com/office-hours