Trending Equation Variable Correlating to Signal

Using formulas with trended data (temperature) I created a signal representing the density of a fluid in a vessel. I have reason to believe ambient conditions are impacting the temperature of the liquid inside of a level bridle thus changing the liquid properties. Using level measurements in the vessel and level bridle and the density/ specific gravity calculated for the liquid in the vessel (based on actual vessel temperature) I was able to calculate the density/ SG of the of the liquid in the level bridles based on the variation in level measurement.

The equation for density is fairly complicated so manipulating the equation solving for temperature isn't a realistic option for me. Is there a way to have Seeq calculate/ trend a signal representing the temperature when I have a signal representing the solution (density) with temperature being the only variable?

The equation I'm working with is shown below. I have the values for all of the constants and I'm wanting Seeq to calculate the value of T.

image.png.989fa61655667d2bf182440b781b3bd5.png

image.png.11d7bccf0191639b6d66992dedb150d8.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christopher,

Seeq does not have a non-linear equation editor/solver built-in to do what you are looking for. Of course, Seeq Data Lab is python based, so there is likely a library that you could use to solve you equation there. 

That said, I did poke around and find an equation rearranger that looks like it might do what you need. If am am understanding your request correctly, everything in your equation is either a constant or another signal already in Seeq. If that is is the case, you should be able just plug the rearranged equation into a Seeq formula to get your density as a function of temp (and level is sounds like). 

image.png

https://www.wolframalpha.com/widgets/view.jsp?id=4be4308d0f9d17d1da68eea39de9b2ce

I definitely recommend confirming the accuracy.