Automating script for executing capsule for several resources

I have various resources in a database. Some of them have same signals present. I have calculated capsule for one of the resource, having the particular signal. I want to be able to do it automatically, using some script to calculate the capsule if that signal is present. 

Is this possible somehow ?

• Seeq Team

Hi Tranquil,

Do you mind supplying a bit more information on your question and possibly some screenshots?

If by resources you mean assets, with some assets containing a specific signal, then it may not be necessary to write any script. If this is indeed the case, Asset Groups could possibly be utilized to scale the creation of a condition if the signal(s) of interest exist.

• Like 1

• Seeq Team

Do you mean exporting the values of the asset group items? If so, you can make use of the Data tab to add all variables to your display and then the Export to Excel tool to export the values.

More information on searching within an Asset Tree/Group can be found here and information on exporting data to Excel (i.e. Using the Export to Excel Tool) found here.

See screenshots below on what this process may look like:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Please let me know if this helps or if this isn't what you meant when inquiring about exporting the asset group subitems.

• Seeq Team

Hi Tranquil,

The method I described above will be a way to find assets that contain a signal of interest... I.e. perform a search for the signal name within the top level of the asset. However, I don't believe this manual identification is 100% necessary to complete what you're wanting. See below.

image.png

Results of the above search show:

image.png

The above shows that only the Example >> Cooling Tower 2 >> Area E asset has the Irregular Data signal. However, I don't need to do these searches to manually identify which assets have which signals. I can jump immediately into asset groups:

image.png

Clicking Add above then repeating for Cooling Tower 2 will yield the following:

image.png

Adding a condition based on Irregular Data:

image.png

Saving the Asset Group then searching again for Irregular Data, this time within the newly created Asset Group:

image.png

Now I can see that the specified Condition was only created for Area E because Area E was the only asset that contained the signal of interest (in this case, Irregular Data). If more assets also had the Irregular Data signal, then conditions would have also been created for those assets referencing their Irregular Data signal.

Hopefully this helps. I encourage you to take a look at some of the videos we have for Asset Groups within our YouTube page. Specifically, this video discusses the process I used above, where I populate an Asset Group using other preexisting asset trees as a starting point.