Compute Sum of Month until yesterday

mattoe

Hello together,

I have the following question:

How can I compute the sum of a month until yesterday? The first signal is a production volume in [t] per day, which automatically writes the same value from yesterday 06:00 further into now until its value is changed again at 06:00 of the next day (black dotted line). The second signal is an energy volume in [t] per day, which updates its value automatically to the actual now value (red bar).

What I want is, to compute the sum of each signal (a sum for signal 1 and a sum for signal 2) per month, but without the current value, i.e., only until yesterday 06:00. If I just compute the sum per month, also the now value is taken into account but thats incorrect.

Any ideas? Thank you very much.

Regards

Matthias

1024000017_Seeqquestion.png.d203c6931fa68a3f6f92238cf4214d74.png 

Edited by mattoe

Matthias,
I created a synthetic case in workbench trying to follow your requirements for one signal so that you can adapt it to your situation. Please find below the workflow and code in formula:

image.thumb.png.3db07ba113f83f548ba1cc876f67fb16.png

The associated results for the last three months are as follow:

image.thumb.png.3e235fda6d8cce08dc701a0e29cf2a0e.png

Note that the monthly sum of March is still uncertain (showed as a vertical bar with dashed lines) because the current month has not finished yet (03/17/2023). There are other ways to approach this situation, but the current methodology minimizes the uncertainty.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Alexander

Edited by Alexander