Can I create an alarm history table within SeeQ?

I have a use case where I would like to have on a dashboard/Report all of my alarms that triggered during a given batch of our manufacturing process.

Right now, each of my alarms are captured as Int values and stored as individual PI attributes. for the piece of equipment, they pertain to. What would like to do in Seeq is display either in a Dashboard or a Report. a table labeled something along the lines of "<Batch ID> Alarm List"
and then have in the first column. the name of the alarm and in the second column when it triggered. One Caveat is due to the sheer number of unique alarms. I don't want to accomplish this by setting up PI AF Event frames for each and every type of alarm.

essentially can I pull raw time series data for a tag and display it in tabular form.

image.png.76e5fa177380efc7bfa26748ba39ed46.png

Edited by Nicolas Noiset

• Seeq Team

Hello Nicolas,

This is a great application for Seeq. The details of what you will actually need to do will depend on how the alarm data comes into Seeq (as signals or as capsules) and how you want to arrange/display it.

To get you started, here are 2 resources that may help specifically with your dashboard of alarms use case. I encourage you to review these resources and then reach out to a Seeq Analytics Engineer in Office Hours (https://info.seeq.com/office-hours) for further help as needed. 

1. A Seeq University video on creating tables for event based data (similar to alarms).

2. A Seeq.org post on turning a signal's values into table rows. 

12 minutes ago, John Cox said:

Hello Nicolas,

This is a great application for Seeq. The details of what you will actually need to do will depend on how the alarm data comes into Seeq (as signals or as capsules) and how you want to arrange/display it.

To get you started, here are 2 resources that may help specifically with your dashboard of alarms use case. I encourage you to review these resources and then reach out to a Seeq Analytics Engineer in Office Hours (https://info.seeq.com/office-hours) for further help as needed. 

1. A Seeq University video on creating tables for event based data (similar to alarms).

2. A Seeq.org post on turning a signal's values into table rows. 

Awesome thank you John for the swift response! This has been large hurdle for us trying to implement in PI Vision. I am excited to dig into it here and see how a SeeQ implementation may work

• 4 weeks later...