Correlate statistics defined at different moments in one batch

Hello,

within a batch, i would like to correlate two characteristics of two attributes at different time stamps. I have the capsule defining the batch, but i can not plot them (orange line with the blue dot) against each other (in the XY plot). do i need some more action to make them a pair?

thanks

image.thumb.png.f82237bf7b1396c47d74d6ea556c9fa3.png

Hi MArgarida,

the XY-Plot creates a point for every timestamp that exists on the signals. As your signals do not share the same timeframe nothing is displayed on the chart. It cannot calculate a value on the blue signal when values on the orange one exist and vice versa. Also I think it will be hard to get a correlation between one value (the blue signal) and multiple values (the orange signal). I would start by creating a calculation (e.g. average) for the orange signal and move that result and the value for the blue signal on one timestamp (e.g. the start of the batch).

Regards,

Thorsten

If I understood you correctly you would have one value for the blue and one value for the orange signal foreach batch, right? If you have the values available inside the batch itself you could try to bring them to the batch start. In the following example I have two values at two different phases inside a batch:
image.thumb.png.7f0bc789dc1aed9ab91bade040f5f68f.png

You can create a new signal that gets the average value for each of the signals and puts it on the batch start:
image.png.0436ba3de12a64668e5fcb3c9c0a71c3.png

image.thumb.png.16985fb27a5dfb25e0d86a4a9401cc3a.png

Changing to XY Plot displays a value for the batch:
image.thumb.png.1b21505df9e99b79505c9bfc0d58321c.png

Extending the timeframe shows values for the other batches as well:
image.thumb.png.bb9143ede38f4e3d21ece79cbf61771c.png

Regards,

Thorsten