Go to solution Solved by Lindsey.Wilcox,

I have a condition with several capsules of various lengths; how do I determine the time period or length of each capsule?  

For example, my first capsule is 24 hours long, and then the next capsule is only about 3 hours.  I'm looking for a way where I can get this information for all of my capsules.

• Seeq Team
  • Solution

Curious George-

There are a couple of ways that you can get this information.  Depending how you would like to view / use the information, the following methods may be used:

1. The easiest way to get this information is to add the Duration to the Capsule Pane display: 

image.png

This allows you to quickly view the duration of each of your capsules.  

2. If you would like to use the capsule duration in additional calculations or have the capsule duration's trended over time, the Signal from Condition tool may be used to create a new signal that reports the duration of each capsule in the condition:

image.png

3. A third option, if you would like the capsule durations presented in a table, is to use a Scorecard Metric.

First, navigate to Tables & Charts and add a New Metric:

image.png

There, you can select a Condition based metric to show each capsules duration in the table:

image.png

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Lindsey

Content Verified MAR2024

Edited by Amanda Chng
Updating screenshots
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Related to the above, I have been struggling to find a way to get the [average duration] of a condition.

The goal is to get the average duration of when my condition is met over X period. Such that I know the expected average observed over X period (ex: 1 year)

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kenny

Edited by Kenny

Hi Kenny,

you can do this by first calculating the total duration of each capsule using Signal from Condition Tool:
image.thumb.png.f9434dd94689d283ddafff50f6957575.png

Here "Discrete" is used as the interpolation method as interpolated values of the calculated duration between the capsules for further calculations are not needed.

Next you can calculate the average duration again using Signal from Condtion:
image.thumb.png.f809656cded27bf235bc5b6088210e72.png

Depending on where you put the value in step 1 the calculated average can change. In the foregoing example I put the value to the start of the capsule therefore only capsules starting in the bounding condition are used for calculation. If necessary, further adjustments must be made with regard to your usecase.

Regards,

Thorsten