Repeating a signal into the future

AiKju

• Seeq Team

It's possible to do it with a reference profile. Reference profiles are usually for aggregating multiple training periods, but if you take the average of just one period, it's equivalent to capturing the slice of the signal you want. 

Here's a formula that gets the gist of it:

referenceTable(5min)
  .addRow($inputSignal, capsule('Feb 13 2019'))
  .repeatOver(days(), ReferenceTableStat.Average)

• Seeq Team

AiKju, 

Here is screenshot of a mocked up example of what I understand you are looking for. Since your curve takes place in the time frame of 1 day, you can create daily capsules using Periodic Condition, then use Custom Condition to pick out the day you are interested in repeating (looks like January 1st, 2000).

Use the following inputs in the Reference Profile to get the result your looking for:

• green curve as your Input Signal
  • January 1st, 2000 condition as the Input Condition
  • Set the Reference Statistic to Average
  • Under Advanced, change the apply to Condition to your Periodic Condition of days created above. 

Once you execute, you should see a similar signal to my orange one below. The result should be the same as using Ben's approach. 

Don't hesitate if you have further questions. 

image.png

• Seeq Team

Following up on Chris' answer...

If your "period of interest" is not a perfect 24 hours, you could use the following method to convert the duration of your "period of interest" to a scalar, which could be used with the periods() function to create a repeating condition:

• Make a formula to find the "day with my profile" duration and convert that to a scalar:

$month = capsule('feb 2019')
$c.togroup($month).last().duration().convertUnits('ns')

• Then make a formula to create a condition with capsules that have the same duration as the "day with my profile" capsule

periods($daywithmyprofileduration)

Then follow the steps Chris outlined above, use the new periodic condition for the input under the Advanced tab

• Like 1

• Seeq Team

The hover cursors are always subject to the resolution of the screen. You can see the precise start date of that capsule in the capsule detail pane in the lower right.

It looks like your reference signal might be off an hour or two, probably due to timezone adjustments. You can adjust the capsule or the days() formula with a timezone parameter in order to get it to repeat over the right day boundaries.

Hello Ben,

Great, thank you all for your help. Yes it is a problem with timezone adjustments. I will solve that later. First of all I shifted the timeframe of the reference data one hour into the future. After a lot of slicing and pasting (3 weekly time frames times 4 seasonal time frames times 3 utility models (household, company, band)) I could (almost) resolve my standard load profile for power consumption for households without using R. There are minor problems with the boundaries but I will solve that later. In my screenshot you can see the R-solution (top) and the Seeq-solution (bottom). Great thing because now I don't need to recalculate the prediction of power consumption with R and store it into PI. Instead of that I can calculate the model in real time and into the future with Seeq. There is just one big need. I need an additional function "holiday" in your "Periodic Condition" tool (I know that's not that easy but there are similar tools in Python and R too). See in my R-example (top) Christmas day should be a "Sunday" behavior.

stdloadprofhouse.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/14/2019 at 11:53 PM, Chris Orr said:

Hi Krish ,

Use the following inputs in the Reference Profile to get the result your looking for:

• green curve as your Input Signal
  • January 1st, 2000 condition as the Input Condition
  • Set the Reference Statistic to Average
  • Under Advanced, change the apply to Condition to your Periodic Condition of days created above. 

I have follow the steps that you mentioned above , But i'm facing two problems

1.Entire signal is not being plot on the chart.

2.There were little gaps in between the signals as mentioned in the below screenshot.

image.thumb.png.4101f8e87a8bbd4429fc29f3cb23e9ff.png

On 2/14/2019 at 11:53 PM, Chris Orr said: