How to change the names of signals from complicated tag names

FAQ: All of my tag names are complicated combinations of letters and numbers. Is there a way that I could save my tags with useful names to use in later analyses without using the "available outside this analysis" check box?

Solution: One popular way to do this is to create a dummy analysis where all you do is create aliases for your frequently used signals. Then, when you want to do an analysis using these tags, you can duplicate your dummy analysis, and begin a new analysis with all of your tags already having useful names. To create your new signal, open a Seeq Formula window and change the title to the alias that you want to give your particular tag. Then set the value of this new signal equal to the existing signal. See screenshot attached for an example using Seeq Formula to create an alias of "South Bridge-wall Temperature" for the tag-name "RK.HFGY_36_R901.PV".

example - complicated signal alias creation final.png

example - complicated signal alias creation.png

Additionally, if you have many like assets you would like to do this for, you may want to consider looking into asset groups. 

Content Verified DEC2023

• Like 1