I am having some trouble getting the asset swapping and treemap functions working.

I have a couple of questions:

Does the asset being swapped need to be the direct parent of the signal?

Does the entire asset tree structure need to be the same or only the elements of the signal that are being used in the calculation?

Just on the first question, I have tried to swap a calculation that uses 2 different 'child' asset groups within a parent asset, however when I do this I get an error that says that all assets in the details pane need to be the same? Does this mean I need to reorganise my asset mapping or is there a better way?

Thanks

• Seeq Team

Hello Ruben,

The Asset Tree looks for the lowest-level "child" asset to do the swap. In your case, I would suggest updating your asset tree to combine the 2 child asset groups into a single group. That way you are swapping all of the inputs from child asset "x" to child asset "y", "z", etc.  Asset Trees can be created in Seeq using the Tree File Connector. You can find more information about this in the Seeq Knowledge Base

Regarding your second question, the tree file connector will only display a box for assets where it finds an item that works for the swap. So if you have an asset without the desired item, that asset will not be included in the tree.

Thanks,

Emily