I have a condition that represent unit procedures. These capsules come from a batch execution system connector. Each capsule in the condition contains a property called 'Max Temperature'. I am trying to create a condition that just have the hot capsules. I am using a Seeq formula and filter to do this. Here's my formula:

$c.filter( $cap ->
   $cap.getProperty('Max Temperature').isGreaterThan(170) 
)

I don't get any errors from this formula, but, I don't get any results. I know some of the max temperatures are higher than 170 because I can view that in the Seeq Details pane:
10.PNG.b9a6fd20e0f19b6fa204c8cd6e6c4f3f.PNG

What am I doing wrong?

Guest Jon Peterson

This is a common issue when using capsule properties. In Seeq properties are always stored as strings. So, before you can filter based on limits you need to convert the property to a number. This should fix the issue:

$c.filter( $cap ->
   $cap.getProperty('Max Temperature').toNumber().isGreaterThan(170) 
)

You may want to go one step further and set the UOM. Assuming this is degrees

$c.filter( $cap ->
   $cap.getProperty('Max Temperature').toNumber().setUnits('C').isGreaterThan(170C) 
)

Make sure you put the proper units on the value in the isGreaterThan function. 

image.png

Another cool thing you do with Seeq is create a signal from the capsule properties. Here's an example:

$a.transformToSamples( $cap -> 
  Sample( $cap.getMiddle(), $cap.getProperty('Max Temperature').toNumber().setUnits('C') ), 6h ).toStep()

Note the toStep() is often used when plotting values that apply to a capsule (max temperature in this case. 

• 2 months later...

Archived