Find maximum of multiple signals and remove downtime periods

Sanjhosh

Hi, I am a new Seeq user. I am struggling with creating new signals from existing signals. Would appreciate your help!

1. Is there a formula which compares 6 signals at an instant and gives the maximum of the 6 signals at that instant in the form of a new signal? (Context: The 6 signals are temperature values)

2. Is there a way to create a new signal which contains only those values from a existing signal which are greater than let's say 900?

• Seeq Team

Welcome to Seeq!

For your first question regarding creating a signal that is the max of several signals, check out the max() function in Formula and see this other seeq.org post linked below. 

As far as removing values that are above or below a threshold (like 900), search for the remove() function in Formula, and find the Signal variant. You can write a nested function as shown in the Formula help to remove values less than a threshold per below. 

$signal.remove(isLessThan(900))

For more information about how to search through Seeq's Formula documentation, see this KB article on Seeq Formula https://support.seeq.com/space/KB/143884328/Formula.

Happy Seeqing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Jon Peterson

Hi Sanjhosh,

Could you share with us what you need to do with the signal >= 900? That would give some insight on how best to help. For example, you can also use the Seeq Value Search (the first tool panel item) to create a condition >=900. This condition would result in a capsule everywhere the signal is >= 900. We have lots of analyses we can then do with those capsules.

Regards,

Jon Peterson 

9 hours ago, Jon Peterson said:

Hi Sanjhosh,

Could you share with us what you need to do with the signal >= 900? That would give some insight on how best to help. For example, you can also use the Seeq Value Search (the first tool panel item) to create a condition >=900. This condition would result in a capsule everywhere the signal is >= 900. We have lots of analyses we can then do with those capsules.

Regards,

Jon Peterson 

Hi Jon,

I actually wanted a signal to show values only when another signal is >=900. Could you help me with that?

Thank you.

Hi Sanjhosh,

you can try to remove the values from the signal as @Joanna Zinsli described above. Another way would be using within(). In this example I display only values from the "Temperature" signal, when the signal "Relative Humidity" is above 75 %.

image.thumb.png.9ff14610156bbbebdf5dc0d1949baf00.png

I used remove() and within() in the following formulas:

image.png.cb7637966e711b4dda0bf2746dcc2b79.png image.png.d4e4ee0ae7531956a678335aabf870a7.png

The condition is determined by a simple "Value Search":

image.png.f8c62e435ed3ed1b4d84aba98ab7c494.png

Regards,

Thorsten