personalize the change without affecting the master copy

Hello,

My understanding with SeeQ is that it is interactive and any change users made will be reflected on the worksheet. Similar to google doc.

Is there a way that a user can see the master copy of the worksheet but also able to make their own trend, and visual and wont affected the rest of users. An example wont be person XX just changed visual with extra 10 signals, when person YY look at the visual he/she would be seen all these changes and discard the change. Then every time, XX needs to pull these extra signals.

Is there a solution?

I was thinking about creating multiple duplicates but this way, any change in the master copy wont be updated to users copy.

Thank you

• Seeq Team

Hi Felix, 

The way that "versioning" can be easiest applied in Seeq is using the Workstep link feature in Journal. If you navigate to the "Q" top left in the Journal toolbar, you can see when you click on this that there are a few different link options. 

What I would recommend is that after completing your "master" analysis, you link that view with a final workstep link. You can highlight a string of text in the Journal - such as "Master View" and then add the link to it by accessing the "Q" button while the text is highlighted. See example screenshots below. Below the screenshots is a link to our Knowledge Base which shows some more detail around Journal entries and adding links.

Then, once you have that view linked, anytime someone comes in and plays with the analysis, you can use the link to return to the workstep. Note, however, that this only links the vizual elements - if the people you are sharing the analysis with intend to change the formula content, you are better off duplicating the workbook, and then share with them.

image.png

image.png

See the article here about the different links and what they do: https://support.seeq.com/space/KB/162201610/Inserting%20Seeq%20Links

Please let me know if this does not address your question.

• Like 1

that address part of my challenges and it is helpful. The other part of challenges is that person A made change is different with person B. In case, should we ask A and B both duplicate the worksheet?

Is it possible to add extra tags/signals in view only mode? 

Thank you

• Seeq Team

I would say that it depends on the changes you are making. If person A and B are collaborating on the same analysis, you could do it in the sheet, as long as the workbook is shared to that individual using the access controls - you can find these by clicking on the icon showing 2 people top right of your screen (see picture below, item 1) when in a Workbench analysis; this way you can then use the links are previously described to track each step that person A or B is completing as you go along.

You can also use the "get link" feature (see picture below, item 2) to share an edit link if you give that person access. If you want to ensure that the changes person B makes does not affect the "master copy" at all - I would highly recommend you duplicate the original "master" workbook, and only share the copy with Person B.

image.png

If person A and B are not working collaboratively, and let's say person B wants to use person A's work as a starting point - I would duplicate person A's final workbench and then share the copy with person B. Person B can also do the duplication action themselves. See picture below for where to find the duplicate Workbench feature on your home screen.

image.png

Note that duplicating just the worksheet will maintain the same tags as the first worksheet (ie. changes made in sheet 2 will reflect in sheet 1 in terms of Formula content etc).If you do copy the sheet, you can duplicate the individual formulas, however, by accessing the "i" button, and clicking "Duplicate" at bottom of the pop up - this will ensure the original does not get changed.

image.png

Hope these steps are helpful. If you would like more in depth information, perhaps we could schedule some time together and you can share screen.