Search and Display SEEQ signals/KPIs for related AF assets

I have created a SEEQ workbench where each worksheet does same analysis for related AF [Asset Framework] assets. I used SEEQ's asset swap feature to copy analysis to other assets in this workbench. 

Now in a new worksheet, how do I search and display on display pane all the same SEEQ KPIs [signals] for the related AF assets. When I search,  SEEQ only returns one KPI/signal result tied to particular asset.

• Seeq Team

To get all your Asset specific signals (KPI signal), grab a Journal link (see screenshot below, click on the green Q button and add link for "Trend Item", in this case you would select your KPI signal). Then, once you have the link for the KPI related to Asset A, you can do the asset swap to Asset B, and once again grab the link. Repeat this for all your assets, and you should create a list as per below.

image.png

Once you have all the links, remove everything from your details pane, and click each link to bring that signal into your trend (or scorecard). Your details pane should now look as per mine below. Now you have all your KPI signals, metrics or conditions in one place for comparison purposes.

image.png

Please let me know if this achieves what you were looking for.

-Kjell

Bharat,

Depending on how you're assets are organized in AF, you may be able to use the TreeMap view. From the documentation, "Treemap is a monitoring tool that may be leveraged by those that use an asset tree structure, such as PI Asset Framework.  Treemap compares a plant's similar assets and identifies when user specified conditions occur.  This tool allows users to quickly gauge the performance of an asset relative to other, similar assets."

We use this method to monitor for deviations between redundant flow meters on dozens of different assets. In our case, we developed two conditions which identify Hi and HiHi deviations throughout the day. Then, in TreeMap view we see each related asset and whether there was an identified Hi or HiHi deviation during the selected time range. Each block representing a different asset is colored based on whether there were Hi or HiHi conditions found. By clicking on the TreeMap block, Seeq will then display a trend of that particular asset and it's underlying process data. You can also display a couple different signal aggregations during the conditions in each block, so we show maximum deviation values for each meter. 

It's not a perfect solution, but I hope this helps,

Andrew

TreeMap - https://support.seeq.com/space/KB/486604833/Treemap

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This week, I used the Journal link approach suggested by Kjell for 40 similar assets ! (Yes 40) and created couple of scorecard tables and output them to an organizer topic.

This exercise was a good test of hand eye coordination and patience 🙂

Hopefully in a near future,  I can rely on better and more efficient experience in seeq for this use case.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...