Increase Scatter Plot number of colors

Sivaji

Is there a way to increase the number of colors in a scatter plot? I've plotted a scatter plot and filtered it on some condition. By default the plot assigned 3 colors based on the time period. I have an option to change the time periods however I haven't seen any option to increase number of periods. Please see the red color highlighted marks in the screenshot. However If I try option "Color" with "Color based condition" and provided a yearly condition there, it marks all the points with same color. Is there any option to select different colors for each capsule (each year) in my yearly condition? Or is there any workaround for this?

Thanks

seeq_q2.PNG

seeq_q2_2.PNG

• Seeq Team

Hi Sivaji,

Sorry for another "you probably need to upgrade" response to your question, but if you look through the Knowledge Base on Scatter Plot (https://support.seeq.com/space/KB/153518135/XY%20Plot), you'll see that a lot of these capabilities have been added. For example, starting in version 46, you can color by fixed date ranges, allowing more coloring options by time as you mention.

The workaround on your version I believe would be to make each year its own condition using Custom Condition or something like that (one condition would be only the year of 2019, another condition being 2020 for instance). In this case, when you color by condition, it would be a different color for each condition. 

• Like 1