String-valued samples are prohibited in numeric-valued signals

MarcS

Hi everyone

I am currently confronted with the following error when I want to display some signal from a plant in the seeq workbench:

Error getting data: String-valued samples are prohibited in numeric-valued signals at 'spikeCatcher', line=1, column=9. To retry, use the button to the right.

You can also find a screenshot of the error attached.

When using the seeq API in python to get samples from the same signal an error is returned. I copied the returned error message below. In contrast to the error from the workbench there is not much meaningful information in the error message.

{ApiException}(500)

Reason: Internal Server Error

HTTP response headers: HTTPHeaderDict({'Content-Security-Policy': "default-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval'; style-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'; img-src * blob: data:; font-src 'self' data:; connect-src 'self' https://telemetry.seeq.com ws://10.47.51.14:34216; frame-src *", 'X-DNS-Prefetch-Control': 'off', 'X-Frame-Options': 'SAMEORIGIN', 'Strict-Transport-Security': 'max-age=31536000', 'X-Content-Type-Options': 'nosniff', 'X-XSS-Protection': '1; mode=block', 'server-timing': '0;dur=0.00;desc=Datasource,1;dur=0.00;desc=Cache,2;dur=23.18;desc=Processing,3;dur=0.00;desc=GC,4;dur=0.40;desc="Request Queue",5;dur=0.00;desc="Calc Engine Queue",6;dur=23.59;desc=Total', 'server-meters': '0;dur=0;desc="Datasource Samples Read",1;dur=0;desc="Datasource Capsules Read",2;dur=0;desc="Cache Samples Read",3;dur=0;desc="Cache In-Memory Samples Read"', 'server': 'Seeq/R22.0.46.06-v202004031654', 'connection': 'close', 'content-length': '0', 'Vary': 'Accept-Encoding', 'Date': '...

The error occurs only for samples up to some point in time, after this point the samples can be retrieved fine, in this case the value unit_of_measure_field contains an empty string. The values of the returned samples are of type int.

When looking at the value_unit_of_measure field of the whole signal I see that it contains an empty like the one of the samples that can be retrieved.

Can anyone suggest a way to work around this issue? I tried already to specify the value_unit_of_measure argument of the get_samples() function to be ‘string’ o ‘int’ but didn’t help so far.

2020-10-27 10_46_42-1 - Analysis 1 - Seeq.png

Edited by MarcS