Combined conditions

Hello,

I wanted to create a combination of conditions thru formulas (using valueSearch and then intersect), with the resultant condition being an intersection of those previous conditions.

One of them though is a condition that the machine should be running. It just so happens that in reality, this machine runs 95% of the month. So then the capsule for this is a long one.

I formulate the condition and execute but i get a yellow "i" mark instead of the rocket icon in the Details pane. The message says that Value search exceeded maximum duration. One solution is to enlarge the max duration of the valueSearch to say, 30 days. However i have several conditions and I understand if i do this, it would slow down performance.

Is there a better way to formulate 3-4 conditions in a combination condition - to avoid this "i" mark and at the same time not hog down the performance?

Thank you

• Seeq Team

Hi-

Yes, you are  correct that one option to fix this is to increase the maximum duration for the Value Search.  This would identify capsules of longer durations, but may compromise performance. 

Another option is that instead of searching for when the machine is running, use Value Search to identify when the machine is not running.  Then use the .inverse() operator in Formula ($NotRunning.inverse(30d)) to identify when the process is running.  This method will have less of an impact on the performance than simply extending the maximum duration of the Value Search.

Lindsey

Edited by Lindsey.Wilcox
  • Thanks 1