Exporting Workbench Tables Automatically

Jacob X

Hello,

I would like to export a table I created in workbench to PowerBI. is there any way to automate this and make it auto-refresh? Currently, I am copying the table and pasting it in an excel file which is linked to PowerBI, but that is a nuicance. 

Will OData work here or is it only for signals?

Thanks.

• Seeq Team

Hi Jacob,

You currently cannot export the table itself, but most table results you can recreate as a calculation and then export those items via OData. OData works with signals or conditions. With OData, you can use the auto-update option and then schedule the refresh rate in PowerBI and it will always grab the last X days/weeks/months/etc. of data.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Joe,

About the question by Jacob, I'd like to ask you about more simple case. Can we export any tables to csv or Excel manually? In the future, I also want to connect any data with BI tools, but for now I am happy to export them manually.

Thanks.

• Seeq Team

Hi Koki, 

You can export the tables to excel manually via copy to clipboard button as the Export to Excel tool for table is currently not available. We did logged a feature request to Export Table View results to OData, Excel, etc. If you are interested to receive an email when there's an update on this, please do submit a seeq ticket at https://seeq.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/3,  we'll link your ticket to the feature request so that you'll get update once it's available. 

image.thumb.png.629a23db0b13d536675cc2a0052cc232.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Siti,

Thank you for your detailed information. I also use 'copy to clipboard' button currently, but it would be better if an export function for tables was available and I posted the question. I'm happy to know about the feature request via your post. I will watch the state of this issue.

Regards,