Finding the maximum value sustained for 15 minutes over three years

PMHardey

Any ideas on how to find the maximum value sustained for 15 minutes over three years. I've set up a formula to find the highest minimum value for 15 minute capsules, but its not really a rolling 15 minute period. Any help would be appreciated.

• Seeq Team

Hi PMHardey,

If I understand this correctly, you want to find the maximum value in every 15 minutes capsules over rolling 3 years period. If yes, this is how you can do it.

Step 1 : Create the 15 minutes capsule using the formula tool. this will generate a capsule for every 15 minutes.

periods(15mins)

Step 2: Create a rolling 3 year periods using formula tool. this will create capsules with duration of 3 years every 1 year.

periods(3y,1y)

Step 3: calculate the max value during the 15 minutes capsule using the signal from condition tool. 

image.png

Step 4: calculate the max value with rolling 3y period using signal from condition tool. you can choose to put the value at the start of the capsule or at the point of max value so you'll know the exact year the maximum value occurred.

image.png

Let me know if this is what you're looking for or alternatively you can talk directly to our Analytics Engineer during the Office Hour. You can book your session here: https://info.seeq.com/office-hours