Seeq API Error: (502) Bad Gateway

Mohammad Jawid Salimi

I have been using Seeq DataLab and it has been working fine with the SSO of my company. However, for an unknown reason when I try to pull data using spy.pull it gives me the following error since yesterday:

Seeq API Error: (502) Bad Gateway - Connection to 'OSIsoft AF: AF PROD' is offline.

Error found at line 1 in cell 21.

Any ideas what could be causing the problem? I check the OSIsoft AF and with Seeq workbench and it works fine and it is not offline. It seems that only Seeq DataLab cannot pull any data.

• Seeq Team

Hello Mohammad,

Was this working before? Are you able to search for the data but not able to pull? 

The error message (502) Bad Gateway - Connection to 'OSIsoft AF: AF PROD' is offline indicates that Seeq Data Lab is unable to establish a connection to the specified OSIsoft AF (Asset Framework) server, which in this case is named 'AF PROD'. This could be due to various reasons such as network issues, the server being down, or configuration problems with the connection settings in Seeq.

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure that the Seeq server has network access to the OSIsoft AF server. This might involve checking firewalls, routing, and whether the OSIsoft AF server is reachable from the Seeq server.
  2. Verify OSIsoft AF Server Status: Make sure that the OSIsoft AF server is running and accessible. You can try to connect to the AF server using other tools or from a different machine to confirm that it is operational.
  3. Review Connection Settings: In Seeq, check the connection settings for the OSIsoft AF server to ensure that they are correct. This includes the server address, credentials, and any other relevant configuration details.
  4. Check Seeq Server Logs: Review the logs on the Seeq server for any additional information about the connection failure. The logs may provide more detailed error messages that can help identify the root cause.
  5. Restart Services: If the connection settings are correct and there are no network issues, try restarting the Seeq services and the OSIsoft AF server to see if this resolves the connection problem.
  6. Contact Support: If you are unable to resolve the issue, contact Seeq support for further assistance. They can help diagnose the problem and provide guidance on how to fix it.

Remember to perform these troubleshooting steps in a systematic manner, checking the simplest and most likely causes first before moving on to more complex investigations.

I hope this is helpful,

--Selmane