Capsule Aggregation and Analysis of Seal Pot Draining in Seeq

Dayyan
Go to solution Solved by Thorsten Vogt,

Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project in Seeq and I am having some difficulty in aggregating capsules in 6-month intervals. I have a dataset represented by the variable $imd, and my current code is as follows:

$imd.aggregate(count(), months(), startKey()).toStep()

I want to adjust this code to specifically count the capsules in 6-month intervals, taking into consideration the information provided by Seeq's months() function. I understand that months() creates capsules for each month, but I'm unsure of how to adapt it for 6-month intervals.I'm working on a project where I am creating capsules for instances when a seal pot is manually drained. To analyze fluctuations, I was initially using derivatives and then creating capsules. However, I am now exploring alternatives and seeking advice on whether there might be a more effective approach.

Any guidance or code examples would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Thanks.

Dayyan

• Solution

Hi Dayyan,

instead of months() you can use the periods() function:

periods(6mo, 6mo, '2023-01-01', 'CET')

The code above creates a capsules with a duration of 6 months every 6 months using the CET timezone. The timestamp specifies the origin that the capsules should be aligned to.

image.png.ed5ff70ee55fa1b99fc9cc59bed2eeb9.png

Regards,

Thorsten

• Haha 1

• Seeq Team

Hello Dayyan,

Please consider using the Periods formula instead of months. The syntax for it could be something like:

periods(6months,6months, '2017-01-01T00:00:00','CET')

Change CET by the timezone you are in. To analyze the fluctuations, it would be good to share a graph and see what this looks like to give you an advice.

I hope this helps,

--Selmane

• Like 1

Hi Selmane,

Thank you so much for that. The red capsules at the top indicate instances of manual draining. I am aiming to calculate the frequency of draining events recorded by these capsules over a six-month period, displaying the count on a tree map. This information is crucial for monitoring the condition of the seal over time. I have successfully implemented the code you provided; however, I've observed that the data ceases after 01/01/2023.

The red capsules in the image below represent manual draining instances which I am aiming to count. The blue graph is the seal pot oil level. The red dotted line is the counter I have implemented as per the code you have provided.

Please see the images as below.

image.png.323205db576a4ad04cf6ea3df69effaa.png

Thanks,

Dayyan