Identifying Two Separate Conditions

Dayyan

Hi,

I am currently configuring monitoring and surveillance for seals on Seeq. As depicted below, the abrupt "bathtub" shape in the data signifies the replacement of the seal. In the second half, I have also generated the derivative of the function to illustrate this change. How can I effectively create a capsule or representation for this seal replacement? Furthermore, I have created a capsule for when the system is manually drained and established a count to track the occurrences of manual draining. Is there a way for the system to automatically recognize when a replacement has occurred and reset the count to zero?

image.png.4f49737faa5aa3f72608b8b2beb80e51.png

Kind regards,

Dayyan

Edited by Dayyan

• Seeq Team

Hi Dayyan,

On your first question: How can I effectively create a capsule or representation for this seal replacement?

Seems you have the derivative signal, you can :-

1. Use value search to create the condition when the derivative < 0,
  2. Use value search to create the condition when the derivative > 0
  3. Use Composite Condition > Join to join (1) and (2)

On your second question, are you currently using runningCount() to track the occurrences of manual draining? 

Hi Sharlinda,

Thank you for your guidance; I'll make sure to create a composite condition for the initial step.

Currently, I've been utilizing the count function exclusively. Would you recommend using the running count parameter instead? Additionally, does the running count automatically reset after 6 months? I aim to have my data counted in 6-month periods and be continuous.

• Seeq Team

Hi Dayyan,

For the second question:-

1. Create a 6 month interval condition using formula

periods(6mo)

2. Split the 6month when there's replacement condition using the Composite Condition > A minus B as below screenshot.

image.png

3. Use the count function for individual manual draining
image.png

4. Use runningCount() for the tracking purpose. At the below screenshot, after the replacement condition, it will automatically reset to zero. Please let me know if there's any criteria here did not meet your requirement.
image.png

• Like 1