Reset Counter when Seal Replacement Occurs

Hi,

I've created plots to show when seal pots are manually drained, aiming to understand seal life through conditional monitoring. In my current snapshot, I depict seal pot drainage as fluctuations in the seal pot level. The second-to-last lane includes a rolling counter tracking drainage instance over a 6-month period. The goal is to use a tree map that changes colour based on the duration of seal pot drainage within that timeframe. I've successfully implemented a condition to identify seal replacements using a bathtub shape. However, my challenge is resetting the rolling counter in lane 9 to zero when a seal is replaced. The seal being replaced is shown by the dot in the last lane and the variable is called Tracking, the rolling counter is called Seal Replacement Metric.

I have also created a step signal to count replacement. Is there a way to subtract the step signals as shown in image below.

image.png.4a2441cbd6644ffab3793c51f62782da.png

Thank you,

Dayyan

image.png.1149bb538a9c9046840546b0b3e06f50.png

Edited by Dayyan

• Seeq Team

Hi Dayyan,

I'm not sure if I'm fully understanding the question, but if you make a condition where each capsule represents the time in between seal replacements, you could then use that condition to reset the counters. To do this, you could do something like

$sealreplacement.inverse().intersect(past())

Note that you'll need the $sealreplacement to be a condition so if you just have a discrete signal for when the seal is replaced, you may need a $signal.tocapsules() first.

From there, you could follow the post below using the above condition as the $reset and $signal as the counter that you want to reset.