help with rollups

Go to solution Solved by Kristopher Wiggins,

Trying to do a rollup calculation on an existing asset tree from PI AF, but I can't get the roll_up_parameters value to be something that the engine recognizes.

DCS_Cont_Tree = spy.assets.Tree(data = '0EE7E6A5-A74E-EEF0-AF7C-06C2A34ADF5A')

DCS_Cont_Tree.insert(name = "PV Range High",
                formula = '$signal_a + $signal_b',
                formula_parameters = {'$signal_a' : 'SP', '$signal_b': 'PV_Hi_Deviation'},
                parent = 4)

DCS_Cont_Tree.insert(name = "PV Range Low",
                formula = 'max($signal_a - $signal_b, 0)',
                formula_parameters = {'$signal_a' : 'SP', '$signal_b': 'PV_Lo_Deviation'},
                parent = 4)

DCS_Cont_Tree.insert(name = "Too High",
                formula = '($signal_a > $signal_b).merge(0min).removeShorterThan(10min)',
                formula_parameters = {'$signal_a' : 'SP', '$signal_b': 'PV Range High'},
                parent = 4)

DCS_Cont_Tree.insert(name = "Too Low",
                formula = '($signal_a < $signal_b).merge(0min).removeShorterThan(10min)',
                formula_parameters = {'$signal_a' : 'SP', '$signal_b': 'PV Range Low'},
                parent = 4)

DCS_Cont_Tree.insert(name = "Nonconforming",
                formula = '$signal_a or $signal_b',
                formula_parameters = {'$signal_a' : 'Too High', '$signal_b': 'Too Low'},
                parent = 4)

DCS_Cont_Tree.insert(name = 'Unit Total',
                    roll_up_statistic = 'Counts',
                    roll_up_parameters = '/.*x.*/ >> Nonconforming',
                    parent='Unit_??')

For the last command I get "Roll up parameter "/.*x.*/ >> Nonconforming" does not match any items in the tree."

I have tried various types of regex that I know of and nothing has worked. I have also tried creating "Nonconformance" as a signal with no luck.

My tree looks like this

image.png.a09d90177768eb122dae9ae182f05a1b.png

The children of the Unit_XX level have similar names, but not quite the same. The only thing that is definitely the same among them is the presence of an 'x'. There could be 3 or 4 characters before the x and 5-6 characters after the x. Some of the Unit_XX members have no children in this AF asset tree.

What am I missing?

Thanks, David

• Seeq Team
  • Solution

Hi David,

In my testing on a subset of your tree, the insertion worked when removing the forward slashes from the roll_up_parameters. If this doesn't work for you it may be easier to work through it together over an Office Hours session.

DCS_Cont_Tree.insert(name = 'Unit Total',
                 roll_up_statistic = 'Counts',
                 roll_up_parameters = '.*x.* >> Nonconforming',
                 parent='Unit_??')

Hi Kris - 

I worked with Katie P. during office hours and it seems that the error message was getting thrown because my Unit_00 had no elements under it, but the rollup was created correctly for those Unit_XX branches that did have elements under them. It seems it was just a warning message.

Thanks, David