Excel Export of Capsule that ends off screen

Go to solution Solved by Kristopher Wiggins,

Hello,

We're running SEEQ R62 and I'm having trouble trying to export capsules to Excel.  The capsules that are fully contained within the time range export fine, but the capsules that overlap the beginning / end are not.  I didn't see any options in export that would enable doing this.

One of my capsules that I was particularly interested in exporting runs up to current time so there is no end to the capsule.  See screenshot below, the capsule starting on Feb 22nd and "ends off screen" is the one I'm interested in.  When I go to Tools -> Import/Export ->Export to Excel that capsule starting on Feb 22nd is missing from the sample table grid.

Is there an export option I'm missing?  Or do I need to take some extra steps to close off that capsule so it will end at "now" so I can export it?  If so, do you have recommendations on how to do that?

I'm doing all this so that I can apply more complex formatting to the various plotted capsules.  I like how the Capsule Time view has added options for color, but if I dump the values into Excel I have a lot more control over how the graph is displayed.

image.png.6d0ecd946f03b2b4a9665592cb3060ef.png

• Seeq Team

Hi Mark,

I tested this out on our systems and the export (both the capsule table and sample table) had data even if the event started or ended off the screen. Can you share a screenshot of your Export tool configuration so I can try to reproduce it?

Maybe it's a bug y'all fixed since R62?

The resulting excel file has 5 capsules in the "Information" and "Capsule Summary" tabs, but the "Grid" tab only has three.

ExcelExport.png.9fb8e2c17c36fd3924b6276e334af237.png

• Seeq Team

Can you submit a support ticket at https://success.seeq.com/? There you can include proprietary information like the Excel export and the link to the analysis. The Grid tab should have a column per signal and condition you're exporting, with a 1 or 0 being in the condition column depending on if that condition is present at that time. 

• Seeq Team
  • Solution

For others running into this, the export was being performed in Capsule Time view. As of R62, Capsule Time only display capsules that are fully enclosed in the display, and as a result the subsequent export also only showed these capsules. To see these capsules, the display range had to be increased. In the case of the current capsule, we had to expand the display range to be slightly in the future.