Organizer Y-Axis Range Change (Worksheet is Viewing-Only)

Go to solution Solved by KantianKinetics,

Building an organizer report and referencing a workbench worksheet that I only have viewing rights to the referenced worksheet.  The data is now populating outside the Y-axis range, so it looks as if I have no data.  Shouldn't I be able to update the Y-axis without write-access?  The arrows to drag the y-axis show up when I hover over the axis, but when I drag nothing happens. 

Supposedly, the User who has write-access has changed the Y-Axis range and it still has not updated on the organizer.  

• Seeq Team

Hello KantianKinetics,

I agree that you should be able to adjust the Y-axis in view-only mode, but even if you were able to do so, those changes are only temporary and would not carry over to the Organizer. The person with edit access would have to change the axis for you to be able to see the updated axis in your Organizer, AND you would have to click on "Update from worksheet" from within Organizer for the axis changes to update in your Organizer view. I hope this helps!

image.png

Thanks for the quick reply John!  I've actually tried all of that. 

image.png.698f44826b757b4ebcff35d876cc3a9b.png

Unfortunately, the original creator of the worksheet has left the organization and I'm trying to track down if anybody else has write access.  Supposedly another user also has write-access, but going through the above steps did not rectify the issue.  I'm not convinced this second user actually has write-access...I'm following up.

The arrows to drag the y-axis show up when I hover over the axis, but when I drag nothing happens. 

^ What I mentioned in the previous post was referencing the Y-Axis in the Organizer.  When you hover the mouse over the Y-Axis, the double arrows pointing up and down appears, but you cannot drag to adjust the axis.  Seems there is some functionality in the Organizer to adjust Y-Axis, but would I have to have Write-Access to the Worksheet to be able to adjust the Y-Axis in the Organize?  That seems a little bit backwards since the Organizer is simply a reporting tool.  

• Solution

We've resolved it.  I'm not sure what the user with write-access did differently this time, I think maybe she set the Y-Axis to an actual number instead of Auto.  But its working now.  Thanks.  I'm marking this resolved.

• Seeq Team

Thanks for the update. As additional information, I confirmed that currently, even though you see the scroll wheel in Organizer when hovering over the y-axis, it is not possible to change the y-axis scale from within the view in Organizer (no matter if you have view only or full edit access). If you would like, I can create a support ticket for you in our system, this is a "feature request" that other customers have asked for. Creating a support ticket would have 2 benefits: increases the likelihood it gets worked on by our team and automatically notifies you when the new feature is made available. Let me know if you'd like me to create a ticket for you - if yes, then email me at john.cox@seeq.com with your name and company name.