Error circular dependency while updating an asset tree with formulas in a workbook.

I created an asset tree in data lab via a csv and added formulas via data lab and pushed it into a workbook. It is not a global asset tree.
When I want to modify my asset tree in the same workbook I get the error message below. It has this error message for every formula. When I redefine the formula and insert in data lab, it does pass it to the next formula.

What is the best way to update my existing asset tree in my workbook? I want to add new signals as well as formulas. .insert and .visualize work, but .push gives this error message(s).

image.png.9c4d1858d993c89bb502e2576d36341b.png

• Seeq Team

The error is telling you that something in your formula hierarchy is circular. I.e., A depends on B which (in some fashion) depends on A.

Start with the `MO-GewichtZandBoven` signal and try to determine the nature of the circular dependency.

• Seeq Team

You're getting the error when you're trying to push, so make sure that the modifications you're making to your tree don't have a mistake. I think the error is telling you that you've mistakenly set "MO_GewichtZandBoven" as the dependency of "MO_GewichtZandBoven" (instead of setting "Measurement of HWS_Vormen MO_GewichtZandBoven" as the dependency).

Looking at the Seeq Formula window won't help because the error is happening before you're actually able to get it pushed.

I did not change anything on this signal before my push. This signal was already like this in my asset tree. I wanted to add another signal. I was able to select my asset tree, add new items (.insert) and visualize, but get this error message when I try to push.

• Seeq Team

I can't explain it then... I recommend just reducing the number of things you're trying to do prior to pushing to try to isolate the problem. There's a chance it's somehow a bug, so if you're still stuck I think the next step would be to log a support ticket.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. Can you still confirm that it should normally be possible to make changes to an asset tree in an existing workbook.

In my last test I tried to add only 2 assets: (no signals and no formulas)

image.png.6ac2a0161a7d101178a1b510becb1203.png