How can I identify a profile on one signal and find when it occurs on a different signal?

Krista Novstrup

• Seeq Team

Seeq Version: R21.0.43.03 but the solution is applicable to previous versions as well.

The Profile Search Tool is great for specifying a profile in Signal A and then looking for occurrences of that profile throughout time. In the screenshot below I've used Profile Search to identify when the Compressor Power Area A resembles the shape of a chair.

image.png

For basics about how to use the tool check out the Seeq KB article Profile Search.

However, what if I want to look for that same profile on another signal?

In the screenshot below, I've added a second signal, Compressor Power Area G. I'd like to identify when the "chair" profile I previously specified for Compressor Power Area A is present in Compressor Power Area G. 

image.png

I can do this by using the profileSearch() function in Seeq Formula. Here is how...

1. Start with the Chair in Area A condition I previously made and use Duplicate to Formula.

image.png

The duplicated formula looks like (note that $cpA refers to Compressor Power Area A):

profileSearch($cpA, toTime("2019-09-02T15:43:30.135Z"), toTime("2019-09-03T06:28:09.629Z"), 98, 0.5, 0.3, 0.3)

2. Modify the formula to add $cpG (Compressor Power Area G) to the start of the function. This is an optional argument in Profile Search which allows us to use the profile identified on signal $cpA and look for when it occurs on signal $cpG. For more information on the Profile Search function, check out the documentation available in the Formula Tool.

$cpG.profileSearch($cpA, toTime("2019-09-02T15:43:30.135Z"), toTime("2019-09-03T06:28:09.629Z"), 98, 0.5, 0.3, 0.3)

Here is a screenshot of what it looks like in the Formula Tool:

image.png

3. View the final result. In this example two "chairs" where identified in Area G.

image.png

Archived