Data regression and equation coefficient

Hi!
I have two sets of data in Seeq, namely the flow through an unit with several pieces of equipment and the total pressure drop.
The trend is clear visible in a X-Y scatter plot (although a certain dispersion is present) and now I would like to make a regression (2nd order polynomial) and get the equation coefficients (y=a+b*X+c*X^2). I used to the same with the trendline function of Excel.
I tried to use the Prediction tool, but the coefficients returned by Seeq seem not to fit the data. Moreover, i don't see the regressed function plotted on the X-Y scatter plot.

Anyone can tell me if it possible and, if so, how can I get it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Giovanni

• Seeq Team

Giovanni,

You can view the prediction model coefficients in the prediction menu by clicking on the "Prediction Model" button:

image.png

You mentioned that the model does not seem to fit the data? Can you elaborate on this? If you don't feel comfortable posting anything here, feel free to email support@seeq.com and we would be happy to look at your model!

As for the trend line, at the moment this is not currently possible, however this is a feature that is in our current beta release R21.044! Please check with your local Seeq admin or contact us at support@seeq.com and we can look at the upgrade process.

-Sean

• Like 2