DataLab automation of Workbench items in Organizer

patjdixon

I would like to have a DataLab script that can take a trend, XY plot, table, or other item in a Workbench worksheet and insert the linked object in an Organizer page.  I know how to do this manually, but I do not see a way to do this in DataLab.  Ideas?

• Seeq Team

Hi,

I think the easiest way to insert content from workbench worksheet into organizer topic is using the point and click approach. You could click the Select All button instead of selecting one at a time. 

image.thumb.png.d637bc443a53aef782f260bf8b9a6df9.png 

Alternatively, you could try the attached script which basically push all content from worksheet to an organizer topic. This needs to be installed as add on. Here is the guide to install add on. https://support.seeq.com/space/KB/961675391/Add-on+Tool+Administration+and+Development

I suggest you to try out the script and modify as required. 

Best regards,

Chris Chin

Push WB Worksheets into Topic.ipynb

• 2 weeks later...

This is not what I want.  I am not looking for a manual process or a script that inserts whole worksheets into an Organizer document.  I want a programmatic way to insert objects in a Worksheet (trend, XY plot, table, or other item) into an Organizer document

I would like to have a DataLab script that can take a trend, XY plot, table, or other item in a Workbench worksheet and insert the linked object in an Organizer page. 

I presume this is impossible?

• 7 months later...
  • Seeq Team

Hi Pat - Please take a look at the attached script.  It takes a Worksheet template, maps the signals in the worksheet, maps the worksheet to the Organizer Template page, appends that page to the existing Organizer, and pushes all referenced content, including the templated Worksheet.  The template used is what's included in our SPy documentation, but you should be able to load your own template as well.

AppendingTemplateDocuments.ipynb